How It Works
With today's technology, learning has no boundaries.
iQ Academy puts today's technology at your fingertips so that your online school experience is engaging, interactive, and fun! You will access each course through our secure, online classroom. Our software then takes you step by step through a series of lessons and assignments using graphics, Adobe® Flash® demonstrations, and clear, crisp audio.
Our Educational Approach allows you to learn at your own pace and complete all your assignments online, helping you earn a diploma recognized by colleges and universities around the country. Through our STEM+ initiative we can also help prepare students for an advanced career in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics—the skills employers are looking for!
If you need a computer, iQ Academy will provide you with a laptop.
Our online learning environment gives you password-protected access to all the materials you need to be successful in your courses.
And technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
At iQ Academy, we know that a flexible, personalized education is important to you. So we've put together a program that suits your life, your style
Stay on Pace
We expect students to keep pace, from the beginning of school through each semester, and will help you do so. With our Pacing Charts, it's easy to stay on schedule.
Latest Virtual Learning Technologies In Use
Realize your potential and learn via the latest online methods of instruction. As a student of online learning - you're in charge; with help if and when you need it.
Interact with Highly-Qualified Teachers When You Want
Enjoy easy one-on-one communication with your teachers with our low student-to-teacher ratios. You'll never get "lost in the crowd" or feel awkward about asking questions in front of large groups.
Rigorous and Exciting Curriculum
Students looking for enhanced instruction in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics coursework, who need more challenge, more classes, AP® courses, or dual college credits thrive at iQ.
Earn Your Diploma
iQ Academy helps students succeed in getting into the college or career of their choice. With our dual credit option, it can happen fast!
If you need a computer, you may use one of iQ Kansas' computers after completing the full-time enrollment process and attending an orientation session. Your complete iQ Academy equipment and supply list will include:
- Built-in wireless connectivity
- Dial-up and high-speed connections installed
- Virus protection software and filters to protect students from inappropriate content on the internet
- All course materials, including textbooks and learning guides
* Families are required to provide internet in their homes. While high-speed connections are preferred, courses will run on dial-up connections.
Online Learning Environment
Like any school, iQ Academy is more than just lessons. Comparable to entering a school building to participate in classroom instruction, you'll enter the online learning environment to access your courses.
eCollege, the software that iQ Academy uses to present course content:
- Provides students with password-protected access to all
computer-based course material.
- Offers flexible navigation that makes it quick and easy to move from course to course.
- Provides standard tools so all courses have a similar look and feel.
- Allows students to submit assignments, view corrected
assignments, check grades, and communicate with classmates and
Time Needed to Complete a Course*:
- One full-credit course is designed to take 36 weeks, or about 180 hours.
- As a general guideline, students should plan on approximately one hour of work a day, 5 days a week for each of their courses.
- In addition to the time you spend online, you'll need additional time to complete assignments and study for tests and exams.
- Half-credit courses will generally take half as much time as a full-credit course.
We're here to ensure you have all the support you need to succeed. Once enrolled, you will receive contact information for our 24-hour support.
iQ Academy provides the following support options:
- Hardware support
- Software support
- Online learning environment support
- Course-specific support